Yoga is the perfect exercise to help you create a vibrant healthy body, and live a long, active, full life. This DVD is designed specifically for people in mid-life (40’s – 70’s) to help maintain or regain youthful strength, flexibility, balance, good posture, and a relaxed body and mind. You’ll learn to practice over 60 yoga poses safely and effectively. Designed and taught by Jane Adams, a yoga practitioner of over 35 years with special interest and training in yoga for healthy ageing, these sequences have been developed through years of working with many mid-lifers with bodies of all shapes and abilities. The DVD has 5 completely different sections: Full body warm-up, done lying on your back (20 minutes); Standing poses and easy movements to improve balance (33 minutes); Upper body work, done seated in a chair (13 minutes); Poses to stretch and strengthen the torso, hips and legs and quiet the mind (20 minutes); and Relaxation (7 minutes). The poses flow seamlessly one to another at an easy-to-follow pace to make the most of your exercise time. You will be challenged in an appropriate, safe way while experiencing all the wonderful benefits of yoga. Clear instruction and demonstrations make this perfect for beginners.
– 4 completely different routines, each with a different emphasis, ranging from 13 – 33 minutes
– 60 movements and yoga poses to stretch and strengthen the entire body
– Special balance section with many easy movements to strengthen the feet, ankles and legs and improve sense of balance
– Deep breathing to increase lung capacity and relax the body and mind
– Easy to follow instructions and demonstrations for all poses make this perfect for beginners