WholesomeONE’s marketplace for natural health products and is built on trust.
In order to maintain a safe and trusted marketplace, and to help you provide the best experience for buyers, WholesomeONE monitors orders that result in a negative buyer experience. This may include but is not limited to:
- Non-delivery cases
- Not as described cases
- Low reviews (1 or 2 stars)
- Cancelled orders
If you experience any of the above customer service issues, WholesomeONE will reach out to you with recommendations.
People come to WholesomeONE to buy natural health products. Make sure that your items are allowed to be sold on WholesomeONE and that you are representing yourself, your business, and your items accurately.
Only list items that are for sale and qualify as natural products. Products must adhere to DSHEA standards as applicable. If your product is consumed by a person, it must have a natural or organic certification such as from USDA, NPA, NSF, UL, or USP. All techniques and products must be supported by scientific human population study data.
Items must be accurately represented in listings and listing photos.
Be aware that buyers can submit reviews of items they have purchased.
Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your copyright, you can report it to WholesomeONE.
Do not engage in fee avoidance. Fee avoidance includes any action taken by the seller in order to avoid paying a transaction fee. Examples of fee avoidance include:
- Posting an announcement that encourages shoppers to purchase the same items listed on WholesomeONE from another online selling venue.
- Editing a listing’s information to change it to an entirely different item.
- Completing a transaction off-WholesomeONE once it has been initiated on the site.
Provide Great Customer Service
The following guidelines will help you meet the highest level of customer service.
- Honor your shipping and processing times.
- Try to work out disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify WholesomeONE at email@example.com
I, on behalf of my company, agree to these Seller Guidelines.